Our friends at KidStart, the children’s savings experts have shared their top 5 tips to help you save on your shopping.
As nimbl users we know you’re savvy when it comes to your finances, which is why we wanted to make sure you’re not missing out on ways to save on your shopping. Whether that’s extra savings for your kids or making sure you’re finding the best deals.
Let us introduce ourselves first. We’re KidStart, the free shopping club for parents that have been helping families top up their kids’ savings for over 12 years. With KidStart you can earn money back from over 2,300 retailers to boost your children’s nest egg.
Here are our tips:
- Subscribe to retailer emails – if you’re in the market of buying something we recommend subscribing to emails of the retailers you’re looking to shop at. This is the best way to keep on top of sales and offers. You may get early access to sales and exclusive discounts too.
- Time your purchase – if what you want to buy isn’t urgent, then take your time to research and wait for seasonal sales like Black Friday. You can then make sure you’re getting the best deal possible.
- Earn money back – join us at KidStart and start collecting money back for your kids. We also run exclusive offers with retailers and opportunities to get increased savings at top retailers to help you save even more.
- Save the change – we also have our own junior ISA and adult ISA app called Beanstalk. It’s breaking the barriers families usually face when wanting to save. It’s easy-to-use, flexible to your finances and packed with tools. One of them is Round Ups, which lets you save the spare change on your online and in-store purchases to boost your child’s savings. Capital at risk.
- Shopping lists – this is a pretty simple one but really effective. We recommend writing shopping lists before doing your food shop, going into town or before you start browsing online. This will stop you from being tempted to spend your money on things that you don’t need. Try to be strict with it, we know it’s easier said than done!
We hope these five tips will help you save money next time you shop. For a limited time we’re giving nimbl members the chance to get £5 extra savings when they make their first purchase through KidStart to help give you a head start.